Advantages of Flexible Printed Circuit Boards
The production of flexible printed circuit boards is a technology that is in demand in the manufacture of a wide variety of products. Flexible boards are found in electronic panels and onboard equipment, medical diagnostic equipment, smartphones, and even space satellites.
Manufacturers of electrical appliances and equipment choose flexible printed circuit boards for the following properties:
- Slim Base: Reduced the size of electronic devices, and due to its flexibility, the PCB can be folded and reduced in size if necessary.
- Reduced weight: With a flexible base, these PCBs are 70-80% lighter than their rigid base counterparts.
- Improved heat transfer: this is facilitated by a thin, flat base that distributes heat evenly across the surface of the board.
The production of flexible printed circuit boards using innovative technology is gradually replacing the wire harnesses, connectors, and cables traditionally used in the instrument manufacturing process.
Flexible PCB Board Provides Several Advantages
- High installation speed: no cables to be twisted into bundles – it is enough to install boards with flexible conductors. Errors are excluded, as in the case of wiring.
- Reliable connections: Single-boarded conductors are more stable and easier to control impedance, crosstalk, and noise.
- Ergonomic Mounting: Compared to heavier cables, the flexible printed circuit boards reduce the mounting area and product weight by 75%.
- Reduced operating costs: Flexible circuit boards are resistant to shock and vibration and require fewer repairs.
- Functionality: The flex board may have rigid sections required for mounting some equipment components.
Bending strength is the main reason for the reliability of a flexible printed circuit board. Components of this type, under the most adverse conditions, last much longer than the old rigid boards with round cables.
Flexible PCB Instant Quote Online
You can learn more about the technological possibilities of printed circuit board production, additional requirements, and cost by sending us an instant quote for flex PCB.
Production of Flexible PCB Maintaining Highest Standards
All produced boards undergo mandatory quality control of metallization in the hole and are also checked for good solderability and flatness.
The cost of production of prototypes of printed circuit boards
The price of printed circuit boards produced to order depends on the following criteria:
- Materials used;
- Size and design;
- Foil thickness;
- Number of holes;
- Accuracy class and difficulty level.
The presence of high-tech production facilities allows the Rushflex to manufacture printed circuit boards of any complexity in the shortest possible time.
Technical equipment, knowledge of all the subtleties of the process, and the use of exclusively high-quality materials allow us to provide a full range of services, from project development to fully functional electronic assembly.